Lobbying Forms and Instructions
The Commission encourages all filers to obtain a user ID and Password to file online. For those who are unable to file electronically at this time, the Commission offers PDF/print versions of the forms.
- 2013 Filing Due Dates
- 2013-2014 Statements of Registration for Lobbyists and Public Corporations
- 2012 July/December Client Semi-Annual Report Filings due January 15, 2013
- 2012 January/June Client Semi-Annual Report Filings due July 16, 2012
- 2012 Filing Due Dates
Related Training Materials
- Lobbying Disclosure: How to file in NYS
- Reportable Business Relationship Training Presentation
- Source of Funding Training Presentation
Online Registration and Reporting
- Instructions for Lobbyists Filing Online
- Instructions for Clients Filing Online
- Instructions for Public Corporations Filing Online
PDF Registration and Reporting
- Instructions for Lobbyists Filing PDFs
- Instructions for Clients Filing PDFs
- Instructions for Public Corporations Filing PDFs
- Instructions to Complete the Reportable Business Relationship Reporting Requirements
In order to use these forms you must use Adobe Reader 9.0 from Adobe Systems Inc. Acrobat Reader is available for all Windows and Macintosh platforms, and most Unix platforms. Acrobat Reader is free. Click on Adobe Reader 9.0 to download.
Hit the "tab" key to advance to each entry field. After all fields have been completed, print the form. (If your printing setup includes a selection entitled Fit to Page, make sure that you DO NOT check this box or the form will not print out properly).
Make sure you sign and date the form, and include all attachments, prior to mailing it to the Commission.
- Lobbyist Registration PDF Form (PDF — revised 02/2012).
- Lobbyist Bimonthly PDF Form (PDF — revised 02/2012).
- Lobbyist Business Relationship PDF Form (Click here for instructions).
- Client Semi-Annual PDF Form (PDF — CSA (includes new Source of Funding) revised 12/2012).
- Client Business Relationship PDF Form (Click here for instructions).
- Public Corporation Registration PDF Form (PDF — revised 02/2012).
- Public Corporation Bimonthly PDF Form (PDF — revised 02/2012).
- Disbursement of Public Monies Form (PDF — revised 10/2008).
- Reportable Business Relationship Questionnaire
PDF Forms must be completed in full, printed out, signed and sent to the following address:NYS Joint Commission on Public Ethics
Albany, New York 12207
(PDF Forms CANNOT be emailed or faxed to the Commission.)
To obtain a print version of the forms, please fax your request to (518) 408-3975 or send an email request.
NOTE: Applications for Waiver of Late Filing Fees should not be filed until receipt of a late fee notice from the Commission. Any applications filed prior to a late fee assessment will be disregarded. Waiver Application cannot be used for civil penalty fines.
- Sample Letters: sample letters to aid the lobbying community.